From: communityupdates <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 4:59 PM
Subject: Eversource Storm Update- Southboro EOC- Level 4 ERP Declaration 2/15
As you know, Eversource is preparing to respond to a significant storm expected to impact Massachusetts Monday evening into Tuesday morning. Forecasts are calling for high winds, and heavy snow, rain and ice. These are damaging winds that down trees and poles, block roads and cause significant power outages. In addition, these icy conditions will lead to hazardous driving conditions.
Based on the latest forecast, Eversource will be declaring a Level 4 Emergency Response Plan (ERP) on Monday, Feb. 15, with first liaison shift beginning at 6pm. The Liaison schedule will be sent in a follow up email on Monday (2/15) morning.
We are preparing for:
· Up to 1,800 damage locations.
· As many as 70,000 customers experiencing an outage at peak.
· A multi-day event, with restoration activities taking 24-48 hours after the storm passes.
When and where it is safe for our crews to work, we will be addressing the priorities embedded in our ERP:
· The first 24 hours our focus will be on FPS1 Life Safety police and fire calls, E-911 calls, life-threatening situations and damage assessment.
· Our top priorities are critical facilities, particularly hospitals and healthcare facilities; blocked roads; and circuit backbones and lateral feeders enabling us to restore the largest number of customers first.
As a reminder, our liaison organization will be functioning remotely during this pandemic and will be available on their mobile phones and by email. We have proactively communicated with all our community liaisons and armed each with the tools they need to successfully stay in touch with you.
We remain committed to providing you with the latest information to ensure you have constant communication with our team throughout the duration of the event. Your dedicated liaison will be contacting you to exchange their contact information with you.
Thank you for all you do for our communities.
Your Eversource MA Liaison Organization