Mike Sullivan just called to update me on town plans in light of the storm and their conference call this morning with MEMA, and reports the following:
- MEMA counseled that the strong winds are likely to be the major problem, as wind gusts are predicted to get reach 70 MPH, and with light fluffy snow there will be lots of drifting
- NSTAR counsels that power outages should be reported to them, not the town, as calls to NSTAR are logged by its computer systems and algorithms to make its lists of what to fix first
- Council on Aging, Medfield Park & Recreation Commission, and the Medfield Memorial Library have already announced that they will be closed both Tuesday and Wednesday
- the schools will be letting people know their decision soon
- we agreed to cancel the Board of Selectmen meeting for tomorrow evening
Please hunker down for the storm and keep safe.