Busy week with lots of time demands –
- Saturday – excellent 3 hour session put together by Bob McDonald, Chief Operator of the Waste Water Treatment Plant on installing alternative energy around town, including a solar PV array at the Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Superintendent finalists – lunch Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with the three finalists. I was glad that one selectman was able to attend, and that I now have great confidence in the person who will be leading our schools.
- Energy Committee Tuesday evening to discuss the Saturday Waste Water Treatment Plant program, and future inititives.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) explanation at Medfield High School Wednesday evening.
- Downtown Study Committee last night to hear about the cost to bury utility lines in the downtown. Comcast representative estimated the costs at $100,000 – 125,000/1,000′ for Comcast, slightly more for Verizon, and a lot more, $1m./1,000′, for NSTAR.
- Medfield State Hospital Development Committee last night too, to mainly discuss demolition costs of the buildings, town control of site by purchasing it, and how to respond to DCAM’s letter offering to sell the Medfield State Hospital site to the town on vague terms. A follow up discussion with DCAM is required to clarify the DCAM terms. Bill Massaro’s rough estimates to demolish all the building at the Medfield State Hospital were $2.3 m. if done without complying with prevailing wage laws, but $7.3 m. if prevailing wages had to be paid (I.e. – if it were done by the town).