At the town house until 9:30 PM last night, as I wanted to get to three meetings at the same time – Medfield Energy Committee, Water & Sewer Commission, and the Medfield State Hospital Advisory Committee. I ended up splitting my time between the Medfield Energy Committee and the W&S. It has seemed a really long week ever Tuesday which started with the Building Committee’s 6:30 AM meeting and that day that I worked in my office until 8 PM, so I could pick Kristen up after swimming at Brandeis.
The W&S meeting –
- started by getting a report from the new Waste Water Treatment Plant head operator. He seems to be hands on and to have accomplished a lot in a short time.
- discussed whether they needed to staff up to the four employees DEP says we should have at the Waste Water Treatment Plant, or stick with the three we have.
- discussed the role of the board – just fiduciary, or operational
- got an update on the North Street water main replacement – it is almost done, and town will not allow contractor to start on Green Street until spring
- Medfield State Hospital water tower is off line, and board discussed risks that creates if water is need for a major fire. Town will follow up with the state about the town getting land to build a new water tower (estimated cost of $2.7 m. ).
- reviewed its budgets and expected rates – rates will have to increase for next several years to cover known costs.
The Medfield Energy Committee discussed –
- PV installation at the paved area behind the Waste Water Treatment Plant site
- presenting two programs with Medfield Green this winter
- DOER grant
- RFP for Solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) on municipal sites
Two impressive boards with impressive members working on our behalf.