Board / Committee Appointment Information
The Board of Selectmen is seeking volunteers who wish to serve on a Town board or committee. If interested, please contact Town Administrator Kristine Trierweiler by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest. Boards and Committees also welcome associate members.
Boards and Committees currently seeking new members include:
- Community Gardens Committee
- Conservation Commission: seeking associate members.
- Cemetery Commission
- Medfield Community Choice Aggregation Committee (newly created)
- More information is available here: https://www.town.medfield.net/1991/Community-Choice-Aggregation-Committee
- Medfield Safety Committee (posted July 27, 2021)
- Medfield Wildlife Committee
- Council on Aging (posted August 9, 2021)
If interested in a board or committee that is not listed, or not sure which one might be the best fit, please contact Town Administrator Kristine Trierweiler.
What is the difference between a committee and a commission?
I am sorry but I do not know. I do know that the Conservation Commission is created by state statute, and is a required entity for the town to have. I am not sure if the Cemetery Commission is likewise.
The reality is that the two function in much the same manner.