Email from Eversource about its preparatons for the snowstorm –
Date: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 1:44 PM
Subject: Eversource Storm Update – January 31, 2021
As you know, Eversource is preparing to respond to a significant storm expected to impact Massachusetts on Monday afternoon. Forecasts are calling for rain, snow and heavy winds across our entire service territory. These are damaging winds that down trees and poles, block roads and cause significant power outages.
Based on the latest forecast, Eversource will be declaring a Level 4 Emergency Response Plan (ERP) on Monday, Feb. 1. The first liaison shift will begin at 6pm, and schedules will be provided tomorrow.
As a result, we are preparing for:
· Up to 1,800 damage locations.
· As many as 70,000 customers experiencing an outage.
· A multi-day event, with restoration activities taking 1 to 2 days after the storm passes.
· This storm will have a regional affect, impacting the availability of some contract and mutual aid crews.
When and where it is safe for our crews to work, we will be addressing the priorities embedded in our ERP:
· The first 24 hours our focus will be on FPS1 Life Safety police and fire calls, E-911 calls, life-threatening situations and damage assessment.
· Our top priorities are critical facilities, particularly hospitals and healthcare facilities; blocked roads; and circuit backbones and lateral feeders enabling us to restore the largest number of customers first.
As a reminder, our liaison organization will be functioning remotely during this pandemic and will be available on their mobile phones and by email. We have proactively communicated with all our community liaisons and armed each with the tools they need to successfully stay in touch with you.
We remain committed to providing you with the latest information to ensure you have constant communication with our team throughout the duration of the event. Your dedicated liaison will be contacting you to exchange their contact information with you.
Thank you for all you do for our communities.
Your Eversource MA Liaison Organization