Photo by Phil Tuths
Posted on: September 6, 2019
MSH Rezoning – Planning Board Public Hearing 10/03/19
Pursuant to the provisions of MGL ch. 40A §5, the Medfield Planning Board will hold a public hearing at 8:05 p.m. on Thursday, October 3, 2019, at the Medfield Town House, 459 Main Street, for the purpose of accepting public comments on the following proposed amendments to the Town of Medfield Zoning By-laws:
Item 1: Article ## To see if the Town will vote to amend the Medfield Town Code Article 300 Zoning by adding a new section known as Article 300-20 to create a new “Medfield State Hospital District” seeking to:
- promote the reuse of the former Medfield State Hospital property and certain nearby properties by encouraging a balanced, mixed-use approach with housing, educational, recreational, cultural and commercial uses, with open space and with public access;
- implement the goals and objectives of the Strategic Reuse Master Plan for Medfield State Hospital;
- promote the public health, safety, and welfare by encouraging diversity of housing opportunities;
- increase the availability of affordable housing by creating a range of housing choices for households of all incomes, ages, and sizes, and meet the existing and anticipated housing needs of the Town, as identified in the Medfield Housing Production Plan (2016);
- ensure high quality site reuse and redevelopment planning, architecture and landscape design that enhance the distinct visual character and identity of the Medfield State Hospital area and provide a safe environment with appropriate amenities;
- encourage preservation and rehabilitation of historic buildings;
- encourage the adoption of energy and water-efficient practices and sustainability;
- establish design principles and guidelines and ensure predictable, fair and cost-effective development review and permitting.
Full text of the proposal is on file with the Town Clerk and the Planning Department and may be inspected during regular business hours, as well as on the Town’s website at www.town.medfield.net. All interested persons should attend the public hearing.
Item 2: Article ## To see if the Town of Medfield will vote to create a new zoning district consisting of the following parcels as shown on the map titled “Proposed Medfield State Hospital District (MSHD)” dated 08/17/18 which is on file with the Town Clerk and Planning Department (71-001/Core Campus, 71-020/Laundry Parcel, 71-017/Water Tower, 63-004/Sledding Hill) for the purpose of creating a new zoning map district that enables the uses, dimensional requirements, permitting processes etc. of the proposed Medfield State Hospital District all as set forth in the document entitled “Notice of Planning Board Hearing Relative to Proposed Zoning By-Law Amendments Pursuant to M.G.L c. 40A, § 5 Scheduled for October 3, 2019” on file in the office of the Town Clerk. Full text of the proposals is on file with the Town Clerk and the Planning Department and may be inspected during regular business hours, as well as on the Town’s website at www.town.medfield.net. All interested persons should attend the public hearing.
SARAH T. LEMKE, CHAIR
MEDFIELD PLANNING BOARD
- September 13, 2019
- September 20, 2019
Sarah Raposa, AICP