From Eileen DeSorgher –
MEDFIELD ELECTION HIGHLIGHTS:
- There were 8,943 registered voters in Medfield on election day 11/6/18 and 6, 660 people voted.
- 74% – Town of Medfield Voter turnout.
- State Senator Paul Feeney-(D) beat Jacob Ventura– 59% to 36% and 5% “other”-(blanks and write in’s) in our local senate race.
- 79% – State Representative Denise C. Garlick-R.N. (D). Topped the ballot with the most votes in prec’s 1 and 2, and with the highest percentage of votes in the entire town of Medfield.
- 75% – United State Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III – (D). Topped the ballot with the most votes in the entire town of Medfield.
- 74.5% – Topped the ballot in prec’s 3 and 4 in Medfield and finished second in total votes in the town – Governor Charlie Baker (R).
MEDFIELD GENERAL ELECTION – TIDBITS :
- Congressman Kennedy beat Governor Baker by 38 votes for the most votes in Medfield. Congressman Kennedy topped the Governor in precincts 1 and 2 by 126 votes and Governor Baker edged out our Congressman in prec’s 3 and 4 by 88 votes.
- U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren-(D), won 53% of the vote.
- A.G. Maura Healey-(D), won 67%
- Secretary of State Galvin-(D), won 68%
- Treas. Deb. Goldberg-(D), won 61%
- State Auditor Suzanne Bump-(D), won 67%
- Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey-(D) 73%
- Norfolk County Treasurer James Timilty-(D) 73%
Medfield voters and THE QUESTIONS:
- #1- Nursing: 75% NO, 22% YES and 3%-other.
- #2 Campaign Contributions: 68% YES, 28% NO and 2% other.
- #3 Gender Identity: 69% YES, 28% NO and 3% other.
Here’s the link to the election results at the town clerks site: