Tuesday January 26, 2016 @ 7:00 PM
AGENDA (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
7:00 PM EPA Stormwater Permit Workshop, conducted by
Ian Cooke, Executive Director, and Sarah Bounty I Neponset River Watershed Association; Martin Pillsbury, MAPC
The goal of this workshop is to raise awareness of the new requirements for the MS4 permit, answer questions and concerns Medfield may have about stormwater issues
At the end of this meeting the Board of Selectmen will vote to close the 2016 Annual Town Meeting Warrant
EPA Stormwater Permit Works op for Town of Medfield
Goal: Raise awareness of the new MS4 permit among key board members who will be affected, but who may not deal with MS4 issues on a day to day basis. Encourage inter-board/department discussion on key issues.
3 min Ian Cooke: Welcome and introductions, overview of agenda
10 min Sarah Bounty: Overview of the Stormwater Challenge in Medfield
• Stormwater basics
• Medfield’s stormwater infrastructure
• Water quality and impaired waters in Medfield
16 min Ian Cooke: Overview of Requirements in the New Draft MS4 Permit
• Six minimum control measures, TMDLs and reporting requirements
• Potential implementation costs
8 min Martin Pillsbury: Progress to date
• Overview of work already done by Medfield and regional partners
• Review key tasks completed to date
35 min Discussion Questions
• What will the biggest impact on your department be?
• How should various departments coordinate their efforts?
• What new resources will be needed?
• Is outside help is needed (i.e training,analysis or implementation)?
• Where could joint efforts by multiple towns help?
• What is the best way to fund any increased costs?
5 min Next Steps and